Friday, September 3, 2010

MILS Friday Fill In #11

From Wifey over at Wife of a Sailor. Be sure to link up with her when you're done!

This week’s questions are:




1.What is a weird/funny superstition that you have? (from A{muse}ing Mommy on a Pink Park Bench)
I don't know if they're superstitions as much as they are quirks.
#1 = never leave your purse on the floor, either hang it or put it on the counter or table or chair, then you will always have money 
#2 = don't keep your dried roses, I learned that this is bad for love.
#3 = I only eat my candy in matching pairs. The ones that don't have the same color to match in two's are Misfits and get discarded.  This works for skittles, starbursts, m&m's, sour patch kids, any colored candies must be eaten in pairs of the SAME color.

2.What are your hopes and dreams for the years AFTER the military? After all, we aren’t in it forever! (from Stetsons, Spurs and Stilettos)
To finish raising our family, travel a lot and create lots of memories!

3.Since [this] month is National Apple Month (no really!), I’d probably ask: What is your yummiest apple recipe? (from NH Girl Displaced)

Better Homes & Gardens Classic Apple Crisp  Reminds me of my dad everytime.  And since Fall is quickly approaching - one of my favorite scents in the house.  MMMMM

4.How long have you gone as a military spouse without talking to your husband/wife during service? (from A Navy Princess and Her Little Sailors)
I think this is probably the longest and I hate it!!!
Email, 2 weeks
Text, just over 1 month
Phone, 2.5 months
But it's deployment!

5.I occasionally watch When I was 17… on MTV. So, what was something that was significant about your 17th year of life? (from Ashley Amazing)
Oh wow, this is...HAHAHAHHA. I became a woman?  Nothing else sticks out in my mind, other than I went to prom?  Loved Bonne Bell chapstick?

3 comments:

  1. I don't discard my candy, but I will berries or fries. If there are only 4 or 5 left and I just ate a really good one I might toss the rest. There's nothing like eating a ton of juicy sweet grapes and then ending on one that's not to good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonne Bell Lipsmackers were the best! My goddaughter just sent me this huge, industrial-sized tube of the Dr Pepper flavor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the music ideas!
    Im sorry it's been so long since you've heard from your honey! That really does suck!

    ReplyDelete