Monday, September 6, 2010

I've Been Tagged...Have You?

I was tagged by USNChic to answer these questions, so here we go...



1. If you could have any superpower, what would you have? Why?

The ability to practice telepathy. Don't you love when people say "you know what I mean?"  Hmmm...Nope I sure don't. Or they assume you understand even tho you weren't there.

2. Who is your style icon?

I have a little bit of each kind of style.  My all time favorite, Donna Reed.  Yes, I said it!
I always love to see what they come up with on Project Runway, but would never wear it.  I pull pieces for each season out of magazines and recreate it with either what I already have or a much more affordable piece.  Jewelry is always a great place to start!

3. What is your favorite quote?

The Best is Yet to Come
...I don't know who said it, but man, do I LOVE this quote.

4. What is the best compliment you've ever received?

About my parenting from my bestie, or hearing Chief tell me sweet things :)


5. What playlist/cd is in your CD player/iPod right now?

iTunes = Matt Nathanson
Car if you hit play right now = Mary J Blige
Playlist.com = jebama06, find me, there are a ton of songs


6. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
there is no morning happiness here, unless I'm showered and have a cup of coffee. Just ask Chief or anyone here at The SHF.  Definitely an evening person.


7. Do you prefer dogs or cats?

Dogs, dogs, dogs! BIG Dogs. Scotch is a doberman, and 110 pounds. The bigger the better. I have already batted my eyelashes for a Great Dane. ;;) 

Here at The SHF we have a dog, a bird and a cat.  Not that I hate the cat, I just don't pay her any mind.


8. What is the meaning behind your blog name?

A Whole New World - I am new to the Navy way of life, being a significant other. And while I am not living where Chief is stationed, it's next on the docket.  There are many things we will be seeing and doing in the next year, and I am really trying to prepare myself...Not that me writing will help, but it's a place for me to get things out and down while Chief is on deployment....ahhhh, deployment....how I miss Chief....It's nice to read how others cope, what they experience and triumphs that are had. 
SeeMyRoseColoredGlasses - most things are pretty happy and shiny in my world, and while I think all in the world is pink, I thought maybe you'd really like to see what's behind my glasses...


And the 8 people I tag are....

Stacie at One Step at a Time
L.C. at Faith and Deployments
Sailors Sweetie at Confessions
Jenna at Moms Balancing Act
Kim at Chubby Cheeks
A Marines Wife at Flip Flops and Combat Boots
Britt at Tales from a Sailors Soul Mate
Megan at Megan Dub-Yuh

And there you have it!  Go get em kids!

2 comments: