Friday, September 10, 2010

30 Days of MeMe, day 18

Day 18 - whatever tickles your fancy

Have I ever mentioned that I love the 6th day. Especially when it falls on a Friday. Hah!  The end to a work week and the beginning of something beautiful in my world.
Random Rambling Friday for me.
Today I will support my BFF in her Pure Romance business by attending a Mystery Hostess Show at her home. Have you ever been?  Pure Romance has just come out with a new product line

Visit her website at http://www.angelique.pureromance.com/  If you're in MN she puts on a fabulous, fun and informative party!  Perfect for any woman over the age of 18. And you know what, if you have questions, she can help answer them too! 
So again, I will support her and her business like she always supports my Premier business, 100%!  Chiefs mom and sister D2 will be joining tomorrow evening as well. MIL has attended a party before, but D2 is just 18 and never been, so she's excited.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love Chief's family?  They are wonderful.
Minny has made it thru her first week of 3rd grade. So stinkin precious. Homework every day has been to read. Easy! She LOVES reading, and reading big books.

This was my bookyworm her first day of school this year.
Saturday I will make something tasty for my friend Kristi's birthday BBQ. She needs to tell me still what she wants, whether it be salad, dessert, main dish, side dish, what have you.  That is a whole 'nother group of loverlies I will miss VERY much when we move with Chief. Minny and I are so friggin blessed.
We will also attend a baby shower for Chief's soon to be sister in law. Anthony and Sarah are expecting in October. Yay! I love babies!!!  I have only met Sarah one other time, but am looking forward to getting to know her better.
Saturday night the karaoke company I work for will be auditioning for a new show!  AND, the BEST part is I have been asked to do the audition as Mia would like for me to take the show!  YAHOOOOO!  I must say, for years I worked 6 nights a week hosting karaoke and private parties for this awesome company. A few years ago when Minny was a Jr. Ambassador I gave up my 1 night a week, 10 year show to make sure my daughter was at every single event scheduled.  So for the last few years I have hosted on a fill in basis, when someone wants a night off or when someones sick.   I am so excited to have this opportunity with a new show in a new club. But it's only an audition...Man, I hope I still have what it takes!  ;)  I still have a pipe dream of being a radio DJ. Someday.....
Yesterday we received a call from the new church we joined saying that religion classes start next Wednesday already and did I want to sign her up?  Of course, yes, please. I didn't know there was a registration fee. Barb the angel she is didn't mention it because she wants Minny to attend and since we're new, waived the fee. How sweet was that. 
I am waiting to hear back from Eastern Star to find out if my petition was accepted. My grammy and aunt are members. My grampa was a Shriner and my uncle is as well. My mother isn't part of OES, but is part of Nile. And while I could still very easily join Nile, I feel more appropriately placed serving with OES and being part of the organization.
Today marks 3 weeks since I have heard from Chief. I am really trying very hard to not be discouraged. The worst part is that when they left port he did tell me it would be a month or so before I would hear from him...So I prepared myself for that.  But...then I got emails after they left port, not just one, but two and then three.  What does that do to your thought process?  Makes you think that when you respond, there might be a small chance you will get a response!  But .... no.  The most it has been in the past is a week or so...One more week in that month he mentioned...So I work on my list from my above mentioned BFF, Annie. I would love to post the countdown, and I am SO close to double digit days I can't even stand it. Soon he will be here in MN and we'll have forgotten about this horribly long deployment. 
Sunday...well gosh, outside of going to Church...we just have an empty docket, which is OKAY too!  It will be a good day for yard work and getting ready for the fall.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of things I can do to prep my home for fall/winter? 
Seems like a silly question, but I've never owned a home before this past winter, and...I'm the man of the house too. ;)  Until Chief is back for a visit after deployment of course!
I hope you were able to keep up with my ramblings on "Whatever Tickles my Fancy" day.

Have a blessed weekend, and do something nice for the ones you love!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend planned. Hope it turned out to be fun. And best of luck on the karaoke show! that sounds like such a fun job.

    Thanks for linking up on the mil spouse roundup! HOpe to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete