Tuesday, August 31, 2010

30 Days of MeMe, Day 8

Day 08 - a photo that makes you angry/sad


The date on the picture is wrong. It was the last day of school June 8, 2009.  I had made the decision to move on in my life after a what I would call a tumultuous relationship.  I learned many things from that relationship.
I was forced to make plans. For my future. For Minny. This picture was taken at my moms. I drove up to my moms for the night with the dogs and Minny and we spent a few hours there before finding out that the ex was finally back in town after months of being away and wanted our dogs to take with him. So, just so I understand, you now want the responsibility of animals you never once cared for and abandoned when you went south months ago?  I was so incredibly angry. Malibu and Jager were 4 years old in this picture. This was the last picture of Minny and her puppies that were taken. Those dogs loved her and protected her faithfully.  She had helped Malibu when she delivered puppies and loved on Jager for being her best friend. It broke my heart to give them to him, knowing he wouldn't take care of the dogs but someone else would be forced to. 
I learned in February that our "Boo-Boo" girl was left unattended and outside, only to be hit by a car and killed. I think a part of my heart was ripped out and chewed up only to be spit out and stepped on by the jerk who had taken them from a good home where they were taken care of.  I prayed for Jager, because without Malibu he would be lost.  They've been together over 4 1/2 years, they were so precious together. I am in the end very thankful for having Scotch boy back in our lives. Scotch is one of the pups from Jager and Malibu. He's a beautiful reminder of his mom and dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment