Monday, August 30, 2010

30 Days of MeMe, Day 7

Day 07 - a photo that makes you happy




My daddy and my Minny. My father was amazing and supported EVERYTHING that Minny did and always was her biggest cheerleader right next to me. I decided to sign Minny up in 2007 for the Robbinsdale Junior Ambassador program so she could make new friends and be part of something that made a difference not only in her life, but others. I don't think either of us realized what an AMAZING opportunity it would be for her to grow. In one years time there were over 60 parades, countless volunteer activities and friends she will keep for a lifetime. My dad passed away a few months after she was crowned, rather unexpectedly. HE was so proud of her this day for her accomplishment and all of the time nonetheless. 
While I am crying my eyes out writing this, this picture makes me happy. It is a fabulous memory. Because Papa could be a part of this day and a few events after this.
Damn I miss him, and his stupid jokes, and his stone face in front of the real teddybear and his wise advice and his love and dedication to me and his granddaughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment