Monday, August 30, 2010

30 Days of MeMe Day 6, late!

Day 06 - whatever tickles your fancy



Ahhh, the amazing man himself. He really tickles my fancy everyday. This is a picture from a fabulous night back in January when we reconnected after ... well forever.  He was in town on leave. We hadn't seen each other since HighSchool. And if I say he's been in the Navy 13 years, maybe that will help your math plus a year. We had such a great time this night, on a whim none the less.  It was the beginning of something wonderful. I just don't think either of us realized it yet at that point.

I love the fact that his family is here, and Minny and I have an opportunity to get to know them better, it helps the ache of being apart. I had the opportunity to spend a few hours between karaoke shows with his mom at the State Fair. I made sure to fulfill Chiefs request and try the Spaghetti & Meatball on a stick. Chief gets a F for it, but if it's something he really likes, then he can have it next time!  His mom and I spent our time wandering around the fair, just talking and getting to know one another better. She is a truly fantastic lady, and I really enjoy her company. She misses her son every day. I look forward to spending more time with his family thru out the years.



No comments:

Post a Comment